Thursday 18 February 2010

Some minor hiccups - 2

EY had earlier told me that the ayurvedic master had mentioned that if we could just consumed ghee + boiled fresh milk + honey alone and avoid solid foods for 6 months, our recovery could be faster and we could shortened the length of time that we had to be on medication.

So on 8 Feb, I decided to give it a try. Afterall, I am not a foodie and it would save me the trouble of deciding what to eat at mealtimes.

I took this concoction for the whole day, but also took some snacks with a cup of milo in the afternoon as I was hungry.

Come Tuesday, 9 Feb, morning, and my head was swimming. I was feeling giddy. Probably lack of nutrients or low in potassium as I had not consumed any salty stuff. I didn't wait to find out and took a normal meal for lunch, after which I was back to normal, more or less.

I will be checking with the ayurvedic master about the ghee milk diet when I see him next.

10 Feb, my daughter said she wanted to make pancakes. I said, "great, let's have pancakes for lunch". Bad idea! After the pancake lunch and by late afternoon, I became sick again. I was very dizzy, and it was worse than the day before.

Fortunately, my daughter was with me and I asked for some Himalayan rock salt. I took the salt neat at intervals and also ate some dinner. Had to apply essential oil on my tummy as well as I realized that I was having digestion problems.

Fortunately, by 9 - 10pm, I was feeling much better.

I realized that after chemo, my stomach has now reached a stage where it is not accepting whatever I put into my mouth, so no more lazy man's meals for me. Probably the pancakes made with flour was a bit too much for my stomach to digest.

No comments: