Thursday 20 September 2012

Onco visit, blood test, iv chemo

20 Sep 2012 - appointment was supposed to be 24 Sep, but my doctor would not be available, so it was brought forward.

Cancer marker 100 - a drop of 6 points, after so much herceptin and navelbine, is a disappointment.
White blood cell count 2.5 (low)

I was supposed to have iv chemo on 24 Sep (Monday), but my doctor suggested to have it today.

I was coughing badly and I told my doctor I did not want anymore herceptin.  She reluctantly agreed to drop herceptin after I said that I also could not afford it.  Each dose of herceptin costs me more than S$2000 and there is no subsidy from the government.  I could only claim from medishield (insurance) and medisave (which is still my money or my husband's money).

I had navelbine and zometa infusions today.
 

No comments: