Friday 30 March 2012

Xeloda

Blood test done on 5 Jan 2012 showed my cancer marker had shot up to 393.  Another test on 2 Feb 2012 showed the marker up again to 399.

I stopped radiotherapy on 7 Feb 2012, and my oncologist started me on Xeloda (Capecitabine) on 13 Feb 2012.  Xeloda is on a 2 weeks on and the 3rd week off cycle.  It's 2 doses a day and I am taking 1300mg per dose, a total of 2600mg per day.

I am now on Tykerb (protein inhibitor) and Xeloda (oral chemo drug).

Like Tykerb (Lapatinib), I had to put the Xeloda tablets into a small plastic cup and put them straight into my mouth, and to avoid touching them.  If I touched them, I had to wash my hands with detergent, and if the tablets dropped on the table or floor, I had to wipe the spot, this is so that those living with me would not come in contact with them, as this is nuclear medicine and it is poison!

About a week after I started Xeloda, I noticed the tips of my fingers and toes becoming darker.

Before the start of each Xeloda cycle, I had to have a blood test for full blood count and cancer marker.

My cancer marker on 29 Feb 2012 had dropped to 242, which was before the start of the 2nd cycle.

I was concerned about the level of toxicity in my body and cut the dosage of Tykerb and Xeloda on my own.

I started the 2nd cycle of Xeloda on 5 Mar 2012.

Cancer marker done on 21 Mar 2012 was 153.

So far, the progress was good, however, my fingers and toes were gradually getting darker, which I think is a sign of the toxins in my system.

For the past week, my liver or lower right ribcage kept having pulling pain.

3rd cycle of Xeloda was on 26 Mar 2012.

28 and 29 Mar 2012, I experienced continuous pulling pains on my lower right ribcage, where my liver and gallbladder are.

29 Mar 2012, I stopped Xeloda and took some herbals capsules to detox my kidneys and liver.

No comments: