Tuesday 26 June 2012

Xeloda 6th & 7th cycles, blood test

28 May 2012 - Started Xeloda 6th cycle.  I did not have an appointment with my doctor for this cycle.  If I recalled correctly, it was because I was progressing well and my doctor allowed me to miss a visit and see her on the date of the 7th cycle.  This saved me some time as well as money for transport, blood test and consultation fees.

25 Jun 2012 - Supposed to be Xeloda 7th cycle.

My doctor stopped Tykerb and Xeloda as I was having some ulcers in the mouth.  My cancer marker was 85.2, up from 70 on 10 May 2012.  Not only that, the big mass below the right collar bone that had disappeared had suddenly surfaced again.

Had the cancer cells become immune to Tykerb and Xeloda?

My doctor proposed Herceptin + 1 chemo drug.  She gave me a choice of Vinorelbine (Navelbine) and 1 other chemo drug, which I have forgotten what it is.  I chose Navelbine.   I was also prescribed Zometa for my bones.

I was scheduled for CTscan and blood test before my next onco's visit on 9 Jul 2012.

No comments: