Tuesday 31 July 2012

Exercise

I cannot recall when I started my morning walks, but it has been some weeks already since I have my daily walks in the sun.  I tried to go everyday unless I have appointments in the morning or when it rained.

I had been very weak and unsteady on my feet that I could not leave home unaccompanied.

The first time I stepped out alone since being sick again was sometime in March this year.  I walked to the market nearby and it was an hour later when I got home.  After lunch, I was so exhausted that I fell asleep for almost 4 hours.

The first few days of my morning walks in the sun was exhausting that when I got back home, I would sit down and rest for quite some time before I had the energy to move again.

As days passed, although I still feel tired but it was not as bad as before.

Around the end of July, my left leg that I was having problems with the sciatic nerves and which was always numb and painful especially in air-conditioned area, had become better after I asked for my Master's blessings and also applied accupressure myself.  In an air-conditioned area, I could practically feel the pain right deep into the bone.  I had been relying on painkillers with muscle relaxant for relief.  It certainly felt really good to have gotten rid of the pain.

No comments: