Friday 10 August 2012

Herceptin (2nd dose) + navelbine

Cancer marker is now 110, up from 104 on 9 Jul 2012.

6 Aug 2012 - Had iv chemotherapy infusion

2nd dose of herceptin and 3rd dose of navelbine.  Herceptin is given once every 3 weeks.  I was not very sure, but I think I had my first dose of Zometa as well.

Navelbine is given once a week for 2 weeks and the 3rd week is a break week.  Fourth dose of navelbine will be on 13 Aug.

I had felt pain on my left arm after the first 2 doses of navelbine, and the pain had lasted for more than 2 weeks.  However, after the 3rd dose, I did not seem to feel any pain at all.

I could not recall which dose of navelbine it was that I had to have the needle re-sited as the drip was not going smoothly.  It was the second time that this happened.

I also could not recall if it was the first or second dose that navelbine caused a small bump (like burnt mark) on the vein where the tip of the needle was.  After 2 weeks or so, the skin over the bump dried up and peeled off.  Fortunately it did not leaked out through the skin.

No comments: