Friday 14 September 2012

Herceptin (3rd dose) + navelbine

I was supposed to have iv chemotherapy infusion on 27 Aug 2012, but it was postponed to 3 Sep 2012 as I had ulcers in the mouth.

Blood test done on 24 Aug 2012 - cancer marker 106.

After the second dose of herceptin, I was already coughing up phlegm, but my doctor insisted that I should still continue with herceptin plus navelbine so that the response will be better.

3 Sep 2012 - Had my 3rd dose of herceptin.  As for navelbine, I am not sure how the dose is counted, i.e., one dose over two weeks or one dose per week.  This will be the 5th time I am having navelbine.  The 6th time will be on 10 Sep 2012.

10 Sep 2012, I went for navelbine infusion.  Had no problem with the infusion.

My white blood cell count is on the low side.  At one time, it dropped to 1.3, but my doctor still gave the go-ahead for navelbine.

11 Sep 2012, I experienced extreme fatigue.  I could not stay awake for lunch and had to take a short nap.  And, straight after lunch, I fell asleep again.  By now, I was coughing up a lot more phlegm, a sign of pleural effusion.

Since I started on navelbine, occasionally I had headaches, quite bad that I had to take painkillers.

With the herceptin and navelbine combination, I could see that the response was not very good.  My cancer marker kept hovering around 100 and the lumps are still there.  I must say I am not very pleased with the progress, possible that my immune system is in trouble with the continuous chemotherapy.

No comments: