Sunday 22 April 2012

Alternative and holistic therapy for pain

Before the coop loop procedure in Dec 2011, I experienced pain around the lower ribs, hips and legs.

After I was discharged, the pain was more intense especially on the left side.  I was also having painful cramps on the upper thigh/hips area.

It could be that the collapsed vertebra on my lower back was pressing on my sciatic nerves on my left leg, that it was so painful and I could hardly walk.  Cousin J got me a wheelchair so that I could go for acupuncture treatment. I had 5 acupuncture sessions on my left leg, and it got rid of the pain.

Next, the nerves on my right buttock hurt especially when I got up after sitting for too long.  It was like that too when I alighted from vehicles.  I had to brace myself, bear the pain before I could walk away.  The acupuncture did not seem to help this time round.  I turned to self help putting pressure on the acupoints on the lower back by the side of my spine.  This is 原始点 and the website is cch-foundation.org. Somehow it worked and the pain disappeared.  I was so relieved.

Previously, I used to avoid painkillers and bear with the pain.  Now, with so much discomfort and constant pain almost everywhere, my priority is relief and not the side effects of long term dependency on painkillers.  Afterall, with so much chemo drugs, I have more toxins than my body could handle.  There are days that I was on painkillers continuously.  Even the painkillers with muscle relaxant could not completely relieve the pain, I could still feel it.  However, I still would not take morphine, at least not yet.

No comments: